How to apply
Selection and application procedures
- Please note that there are 2 application processes that all potential postgraduate students have to undergo: one with the University and one within the Department of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering.
- Potential PG Dip in Engineering, MEng Structured Mechanical, MEng Research and PhD candidates must apply electronically to the University first by completing the Electronic Application Form online and attaching the relevant documents (as requested on the Application Form). The Department’s postgraduate administrative officer will receive your application via the US admission section.
- If the prospective student complies with all the admission requirements, he/she will be informed that they are eligible to contact a possible research supervisor (in the case of an MEng Research/PhD). The lists of potential research thesis topics and research project topics are available on the Research Topics and Project Topics pages respectively. Proposed research topics and the availability of support funds will be negotiated and discussed.
- Students must adhere to the closing dates to complete applications.
- Applicants will be duly informed by an official letter and/or email of the success of their applications.
- Please do not contact any lecturers before notification that you may continue to do so.
International students follow the same application procedures as South African students, except that their academic qualifications will be evaluated by our Postgraduate Office. We have an exceptional Postgraduate Office that helps international students with the more general matters surrounding their coming to South Africa. Please visit their web site for more information on our campus and the services of the Postgraduate Office. International applicants will be duly informed via an official letter and/or e mail of the success of their applications, which can be used for study visa applications.
Closing dates for applications
Our academic year runs from late January to early December, with the first semester from January to June, and the second semester from July to December.
Closing dates for South African students: 1 December of the preceding year
Closing dates for International students: 30 September of the preceding year
For enquiries about PhD / MEng Research studies, please contact Yolande Barendse at firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about PG Dip in Engineering / MEng Structured studies, please contact Carla Nel at email@example.com